The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has recently made a significant announcement that is bound to have a profound impact on the teaching community in India. The 18th edition of the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) for January 2024 is scheduled to take place on January 21, 2024. This announcement is critical for individuals aspiring to become teachers as it is the gateway to securing a teaching position in various Central Government schools and Kendriya Vidyalayas. Here’s all you need to know about CTET 2024.
Important Dates and Application Process
The CTET 2024 application process commenced on November 3, 2023, and will conclude on November 23, 2023. Aspiring candidates have a limited window to apply and must ensure they meet the eligibility criteria before applying. The last date for making the payment for CTET application fees is also November 23, 2023, until 11:59 PM, so prompt action is recommended.
To apply for the CTET 2024, candidates should visit the official website of CBSE CTET at ctet.nic.in. The application process is straightforward and can be completed in a few simple steps:
1) Visit the official website: Go to ctet.nic.in, the official CBSE CTET website.
2) Apply Online: Click on the “Apply Online” link.
3) New Registration: Register for the exam by clicking on “New Registration.”
4) Fill out the application form: Carefully fill out the application form with all the required details.
5) Upload documents: Upload scanned images of your recent photograph and signature as per the specified guidelines.
6) Pay application fee: Pay the application fee using a debit/credit card or net banking.
Download confirmation page: After successful submission, download the confirmation page and take a printout for future reference.
7) It is essential to note that the application process is entirely online, and no other mode of application submission will be accepted. Aspiring candidates are advised to go through the information bulletin available on the official website, which contains comprehensive details about the examination, syllabus, languages, eligibility criteria, examination fees, examination cities, and important dates.
The CTET 2024 examination will consist of two papers – Paper 1 (for candidates aspiring to teach classes 1 to 5) and Paper 2 (for candidates aiming to teach classes 6 to 8). It is crucial to choose the appropriate paper while applying, as it determines the classes you are eligible to teach.
The test will be conducted in 135 cities across India, making it accessible to a wide range of candidates. What’s more, the examination will be held in twenty different languages, ensuring that language is not a barrier for eligible candidates. This inclusivity allows teachers to reach a broader demographic of students and ensures that quality education is not limited by linguistic boundaries.
Applicants belonging to the General and OBC categories will be required to pay Rs 1,000 for a single paper and Rs 1,200 if they intend to appear for both CTET Paper 1 and Paper 2. For the SC, ST, and differently-abled individuals, the registration fee is more affordable, set at Rs 500 for a single paper. The fee structure is designed to make the examination accessible to candidates from all backgrounds, fostering diversity in the teaching profession.
The announcement of CTET 2024 is a significant development for aspiring teache