Updating PAN card online is a simple process that can be done in a few easy steps. Here are the steps to update PAN card online:
1. Visit the NSDL website: Go to the official website of NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) at https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html.
2. Select the ‘Application Type’: Under the ‘Application Type’ section, select ‘Changes or Correction in existing PAN Data/Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in existing PAN Data)’.
3. Fill in the required details: Fill in the required details such as your name, date of birth, PAN number, and contact details.
4. Choose the type of correction: Under the ‘Category’ section, select the type of correction you want to make, such as name, date of birth, or address.
5. Upload the supporting documents: Upload the supporting documents for the changes you have made. For example, if you have changed your address, you will need to upload a proof of address such as a utility bill or a bank statement.
6. Pay the fee: Pay the fee for the correction using your debit card, credit card, or net banking.
7. Submit the request: After paying the fee, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the process.
8. Note down the Acknowledgment Number: After submitting the request, you will receive an Acknowledgment Number. Note down the Acknowledgment Number for future reference.
That’s it! Your PAN card will be updated within a few days, and you can download the updated PAN card from the NSDL website.